Mount San Jacinto and Palm Springs Tramway Tour

Home Forums Events Past Events – All Mount San Jacinto and Palm Springs Tramway Tour

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Craig Williams 12 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Craig Williams
    Keymaster

Mount San Jacinto and Palm Springs Tramway Tour

OCTOBER 21 (SUNDAY) 8:00 TO 5:00
    Motor out to Hemet and up Mount San Jacinto on 74, then down to Palm to Pines Highway to Palm Springs (arguably one of the coolest roads on the West Coast) and the Tramway.  Ride up the Tramway to 8500′ and enjoy the 30 degree temperature drop.  Have lunch & explore.  Fun!

Two starting points (north and south):

North: Krispy Kreme @ 4485 Mills Cir. Ontario Mills.  Meet at 8:00; leave at 8:30

South: Starbucks @ 30571 Temecula Pkwy. Temecula. Meet at 8:00; leave at 8:30

The two groups meet up at Chevron / Taco Bell on 43510 State Hwy 74 in Hemet @ 9:30; leave at 9:45

Afternoon return may include a tour through Joshua Tree National Park!

Don’t forget to bring your FRS radios (walkie talkies).

And bring a JACKET (it will be cooler up on the mountain)

Craig Williams
    Keymaster

I’M IN!

Steve Rabins-Lam
    Participant

115°F is not that hot =) Looking forward to it in October. I’ll probably meetup at Hemet.

Are there any plans on having a run going the opposite direction down to the ocean from 74/215?

Thomas
    Participant

Patti and I are in.

Craig De Garmo
    Participant

Hope our Inland Empire and San Diego SCMM members will attend this event.  Bring your cameras!!

George Marsh
    Keymaster

I’m looking forward to it. It’s been many many years since I rode the tram.

George Marsh
    Keymaster

I’m looking forward to it. It’s been many many years since I rode the tram.

Craig Williams
    Keymaster

We’re looking good for the tour and tram!  Don’t forget your FRS radios (walkie talkies) so we can communicate on the way.  Joshua Tree is an optional add-on afterwards, but is such a cool drive. See you there!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.