The Devil's Backbone Run — Return to the Mother Lode — Sept. 6-9, 2018

Home Forums Events Past Events – All The Devil's Backbone Run — Return to the Mother Lode — Sept. 6-9, 2018

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Michael Garcia, President 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

George Marsh
    Keymaster

The Devil’s Backbone returns September 6-9, for three exciting nights in California’s majestic Sierra Nevada. This year we’ll tempt fate and wildfire with two nights in the historic Gold Rush town of Murphys.

Our final night of festivities will be spent in Mammoth Lakes.

More details and caravan info will be posted here later. Please RSVP in this thread if you are planning to attend. People on the guest list will be updated by email.

To register/RSVP for this event —> CLICK HERE.

Thursday Caravan – Sept. 6
    Meet-Up: Denny’s, 12861 Encinitas Ave., Sylmar
    Caravan Departure Time: 8 a.m.-ish (Arrive earlier if you plan to eat breakfast.)

ITINERARY
    Thursday, Sept. 6 — Day 1 is the long-drive day as we caravan up the San Joaquin Valley along Highway 99 for 325 miles to the historic Gold Rush town of Murphys. Check-in to Murphys Inn and jump in the pool, or take a stroll down Main Street, or maybe visit one of the wine tasting rooms nearby.

Friday, Sept. 7 — We have all day in Murphys. Plenty of fun things to do and see in the area — ride the zip line at Moaning Cavern Adventure Park, visit historic Columbia State Park, go wine tasting, or join fellow members for a picnic among Giant Sequoias at Calaveras Big Trees State Park (Note: There is a $10 per vehicle entrance fee at Big Trees State Park).

Saturday, Sept. 8 — Day 3 is a scenic twisty drive over the Sierras on either Ebbetts or Sonora Pass to our final night’s destination in Mammoth Lakes. Check in to the Alpenhof Lodge and relax in the Wolfman’s Lair (this year the Lair is on the new patio area near the pool). Dinner plans still to be determined. Later that night we wrap things up at The Side Door.

Sunday, Sept. 9 — Drive home day.

Lodging arrangements have been made (see below), but you are always free to stay anywhere you like.

LODGING
    Sept. 6&7 — Murphys
    Murphys Inn (Primary)
    76 Main Street
    Murphys
    Tel. 209-728-1818
    2 Queens Thursday—> $114 (10% discount with AAA); Friday the room rate jumps to $169.
    Room Block Code:  SCMM1

Murphys Suites (optional choice)
    134 Highway 4
    Murphys
    Tel. 209-728-2121
    Note: We do not have block code for this property.

Sept. 8 — Mammoth Lakes
    Alpenhof Lodge (Primary)
    6080 Minaret Road
    Mammoth Lakes
    Tel. 760-934-6330
    Room Block Code: SCMM / MINI Club / So Calif MINI Maniacs
    Room Rates: 10% discount on all rooms for SCMM members. Rates range from $99-$159.

Motel 6 (optional choice)
    3372 Main Street
    Mammoth Lakes
    Tel. 760-904-6991

Best Western Plus High Sierra (optional choice)
    3228 Main Street
    Mammoth Lakes
    Tel. 760-924-1234

GUEST LIST
    Craig & Cecilia Williams
    Dan Roslund
    Rich & Diana Larson
    Eric Johnson
    Kurt Bradley
    Al & Mari Estrella
    Michael Garcia
    Mike & Karen Farrell
    Scott McIntyre
    Tom & Renee Rietta
    George & Kyra Marsh
    Tom & Patti McMurry
    Frank & Carmen Urenda
    Steve & Lynn Sacks
    Storme Alley
    Greg LaJoie
    Jim & Mary Wellington
    Ellen & Casey Ramsdell
    Memo & Minnie Santoyo
    Jim & Debbie Everett
    Ernie & Carol Vicencio
    Paul & Sandy Reaume
    Kit Walsh

Booked!

(Is it September yet?)

MG

Diana
    Participant

We’re booked.  Staying at the Tamarak Lodge in Mammoth so we can fish at Twin Lakes and Lake Mary for a couple of days.  Anyone who wants to fish with us is more than welcome.

Yoli Flagg
    Participant

Dave and Yoli will attend , looking forward to Murphys

Tom
    Participant

Tom and Renee are tentative….

Michael
    Participant

Mike and Karen Farrell are signed up and ready to go!

Thomas
    Participant

Booked the hotels. Now fingers crossed I can work the work schedule for the days off. Patti and I are ready for another great time.

George Marsh
    Keymaster

Excellent news Tom!

I will be there

Shadow

Frank
    Participant

Frank and Carmen Urenda have signed up. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Dan Skorcz
    Participant

The Wolfman will sadly miss this outstanding weekend for the first time.

But will go to the Vintage car races at Watkins Glen, NY where MINIs are the featured marque. Hope to see some faces I know out there. I know that Norm & Jessie Nelson are going. I think Nancy Homer is going as well.

Have a great time in the Sierras that weekend. It’ll be the Wolf’s Lair without the Wolfman…..

Sean McNamara
    Participant

If anyone doesn’t have reservations or would like a wonderful deal on 2 nights in Murphy & 1 night at Mammoth Lakes please let me know, I have these 3 nights non refundable rooms and would rather not take a full loss. You can PM me or call me for a heck of a deal!!
    @ 626 319-2646 and ask how low I’ll go.
    Thanks Sean

Jan VanGreuningen
    Participant

We have been signed up, can’t wait to see all of you!!! Blessings, the VanG’s

Kurt Bradley
    Participant

Coming up soon.  Can’t wait. Don’t need no stinking fires…….

Wow, now I am looking forward to seeing some long term friends whom I haven’t seen for a long time!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.