The Great Pacific Coast Highway Run — Sept. 17-20, 2020

Home Forums Events Club Events The Great Pacific Coast Highway Run — Sept. 17-20, 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    George Marsh
    Keymaster

The Great Pacific Coast Highway Run
    Sept. 17-20, 2020

Mark your calendar! We’re making preliminary plans for an amazing adventure this Fall, highlighting California’s world famous Highway 1 along the rugged Big Sur coast.

Our itinerary will begin with an overnight in Paso Robles, where we’ll visit some local wineries, and enjoy the vibrant town square with its art galleries and unique shops. The next day we will drive out to the coast on one the most picturesque and awe inspiring roads between Paso Robles and Highway 1, on our way to lunch overlooking Morro Bay. That afternoon you’ll be free to enjoy a variety of activities like kayaking, shopping, watch local artists in a glassblowing studio, explore Moonstone Beach, and much more before we check in to our motel in Cambria. On Saturday we’ll take on the legendary Pacific Coast Highway with a roundtrip between Cambria and Big Sur. There will be plenty of time to stop at the many sights and scenic overlooks that make this part of California’s natural beauty world famous.

We are making these plans contingent on COVID-19 and the lifting of any restrictions. Should a second wave of the virus develop, this trip will be canceled.

PLEASE RSVP IN THIS THREAD IF YOU PLAN TO GO

Guest List
    Eric Johnson
    Rich & Diana Larson
    George & Kyra Marsh
    Richard & Tarri Rubio
    Nina Nordstrom
    Jim & Mary Wellington
    Paulette Henderson Oden
    Jeanne Fiermonte
    Dan Roslund
    Craig & Cecelia Williams
    Tom & Patty McMurry
    DiAnn Ardessi
    Tom & Renee Rietta
    Ernie & Carol Vicencio
    Ellen & Casey Ramsdell
    Jim & Debbie Everett
    Nancy Homer
    Andrew Russell
    Phil Cohen
    Jan & Lisa VanGreuningen
    Kurt Bradley
    Lance Lambert
    Jerry & Sharon Cornelison (maybe)

LODGING DETAILS
    NOTE: Rooms blocks have not been established yet.

Thursday, Sept 17 –   Paso Robles
    Melody Ranch Motel
    939 Spring St
    Paso Robles
    (805)238-3911

Friday & Saturday, Sept. 18&19 – Cambria
    Bluebird Inn
    1880 Main St
    Cambria
    (805)927-4634

Thomas
    Participant

This trip would be most excellent. I really want to go but family weddings on the weekend of the 12th and 18th. Any chance to slide it a couple of weeks? Early October is a very nice time of year for a drive along the coast. I asked my sister to change the wedding plans but she just laughed at me. Just asking?

Diana
    Participant

Sounds like a nice drive up the coast.  We booked a room at the Bluebird in Cambria.  Waiting for the other hotels to open rooms in Paso and Santa Cruz.

Phil
    Participant

Sounds wonderful … keep me posted for the dates(as if anybody can plan 3 months in advance)

Diana
    Participant

Re-booked again for the 17th to 20th.  Still no rooms available at the Melody Ranch, so booked at a different hotel.

Richard Rubio
    Participant

We are interested and will be making reservations.

Melody Ranch …Has 17 openings as of today. I made reservation.

Bluebird Inn ..made reservation.

Richard & Tarri

Jim
    Participant

We called direct and are booked at Melody ranch as well as Bluebird for the 2 nights so if it’s going.  We are IN..  🙂

Jim and I are in, booked at Paso Robles Inn and the Bluebird.  Excited to enjoy a run along the Great Pacific Coast Highway (Rt. 1)

Andrew Russell
    Participant

Sign me up!  Reservations made at Melody Ranch, no answer tonight (Sunday) at Bluebird Inn.

-AR-

Andrew Russell
    Participant

Bluebird Inn room now booked.  Took a few days before someone answered the phone. I would not be surprised if things are so slow, especially mid-week, that the office is not often staffed.

Phil
    Participant

Signed in at Melody Ranch and no answer @ Bluebird right now… I will be there if we are allowed with the “new” MINI all broken in and ready for a good run…. Phil

Phil
    Participant

Bluebird done….

Richard Rubio
    Participant

We would be interested..

Whoa, this is big! PT “Tigger” C is booked!

Daren
    Participant

Thinking about joining this Run. have missed the group for sometime . will check on rooms.  thanks Eric

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.