Southwest MINI Fest registration now open!
Southwest MINI Fest is coming to San Diego this May 10-13. Registration for the three-night gathering of MINI/Mini enthusiasts is now open on the event website.
Official event website —–> CLICK HERE
Headquarters for SWMF will be the Crowne Plaza San Diego-Mission Valley, 2270 Hotel Circle North, San Diego. Standard rooms are $110 plus tax and $5 per day parking. Upgrade to $120 per night and get breakfast for two people included! Use room block code “SMF” when making reservation.
Event highlights include plenty of twisty runs through beautiful San Diego County, MINI Car Show at Deer Park Winery & Auto Museum in Escondido, Old Town San Diego, banquet at Dave & Busters, and more.
Thursday May 10
• Registration and Check-In begins at host hotel, at 5 pm in the Hospitality Suite
• Optional afternoon run.
• Happy Hour mixer at the “Wolf’s Lair” in the hotel, all are invited. Snacks, drinks, and
Friday May 11
• Registration open at 7 am in the morning, at the Hospitality Suite.
Twisty drive to Deer Park Winery and Auto Museum. All paid registrants will receive an
admission to the fabulous Museum, full of cars and collectibles.
• MINI Car Show at the Deer Park Winery from 11am to 1pm, with classes and trophies in many
classes. A food truck will be available.
• Open afternoon to visit the Auto Museum or take a twisty run with us back to the host hotel.
• Friday evening is open to explore Old Town San Diego. The hotel will run shuttles, so that you
don’t need to find parking, and you can have a few drinks. We’ve scouted some places that we
recommend, so wear your name badges and look for other Mini friends!
Saturday May 12
•Drivers meeting in the morning, at the hotel, with pastries and coffee. Registration will be
open at the Drivers meeting.
A longer back country fun run in two groups driving different routes with a meet-up at the
Menghini Winery, where we will pause for lunch. The optional lunch includes a grilled Polish
sausage and all the fixings, and a drink. $10 per person, this scrumptious lunch MUST be paid
for by May 1 st , so that the winery has enough food ordered. No sign ups accepted after May 1st,
or onsite. Anyone who isn’t signed up, can instead drive a few miles to Julian, where there are
restaurants and cafes. Note that there are no fast food places around, and the waits are long.
• Optional evening banquet at Dave & Busters. The banquet, $36/person, includes some game
credits. We’ll have a lively raffle, and present the Car Show trophies. The hotel will run shuttles
to Dave and Busters, and back.
Sunday May 13
• Coastal run up to Mount Soledad (a favorite spot to see the view), ending at Bella Terra café
in La Jolla. Farewells.
Southwest MINI Fest is hosted this year by SCMM, and is open to any and all MINI/Mini enthusiasts.